Irisys Gazelle Thermal Counters
Irisys Thermal counters are one of the most widely used people counting solutions. Thermal counters work by detecting people from their body heat profile.
These devices are ideal for general people counting, tracking live occupancy, and a range of security applications. They are widely used to monitor footfall in the banking, retail, and security sectors – as well as tracking in passenger hubs and transport environments, and visitor attractions.
Thermal counters are non-intrusive and unaffected by light, heat or inanimate objects, which can destabilise other technologies. Their usual accuracy is more than 96%. They can count bi-directionally even when a number of people are passing simultaneously.
Irisys Gazelle DualView
The latest counter from Irisys features an integrated video camera enabling live viewing of the counting area. This means the counter can be calibrated with high degrees of accuracy, meaning that the counters are suitable for live occupancy management. The counter has a new, low profile design, enabling unobtrusive installations. The counter can also be flush and recess mounted leading to a sleek appearance. The counters feature true PoE compliance, reducing cabling requirements.
Advantages of Thermal Counters:
- Data from a number of entrances can be directed to a central location
- Can be linked together to cover wide entrances
- They use power over ethernet, keeping cabling simple
- With our RECAP software you can monitor multiple entrances, areas and sites
- Manage your occupancy data through a live feed to the base unit
- Highly accurate performance in standard locations
- No privacy or security issues because no image is taken
- On-board solid state memory holds configuration and count data in the event of network connection issues
The counter must be mounted at a height slightly greater than the entrance width to cover the full width of the entrance area. Absolute minimum height is 2.4 metres. If the width is greater than 4.25 metres, counters can be daisy chained to cover wide entrances. The detector is designed for use in indoor environments, free from rapid changes in temperature or humidity. Outdoor and high mount units are also available.