Irisys Gazelle Thermal Counters
Irisys Thermal counters are the most widely used people counting solutions with over 210,000 units distributed by Irisys over the last 6 years. Thermal counters accurately detect people by their body heat profile and can therefore count bi-directionally even when a number of people are passing simultaneously.
Ideal for general people traffic counting, measuring live occupancy and a range of security applications, they are widely used to monitor footfall in the transport, banking, retail, security and leisure industries.
Thermal counters are non-intrusive and unaffected by light, heat or inanimate objects, which can destabilise other technologies. Their usual accuracy is more than 96%.
Irisys Gazelle DualView
The latest counter from Irisys features an integrated video camera enabling live viewing of the counting area. This means the counter can be calibrated with high degrees of accuracy, meaning that the counters are suitable for live occupancy management. The counter has a new, low profile design, enabling unobtrusive installations. The counter can also be flush and recess mounted leading to a sleek appearance. The counters also feature true PoE compliance, reducing cabling requirements. For technical details click here
Advantages of Thermal Counters:
- They can be linked from a number of entrances to bring data to a central location
- Can be linked together to cover wide entrances
- They use power over ethernet, keeping wiring simple
- With our RECAP software you can monitor multiple entrances, areas and sites
- You can also manage occupancy data through a live feed to the base unit
- Highly accurate performance in standard locations
- No privacy or security issues because no image is taken
- On-board solid state memory holds configuration and count data in the event of network issues
The counter must be mounted at a height slightly greater than the entrance width to cover the full width of the entrance area. Absolute minimum height is 2.4 metres. If the width is greater than 4.25 metres, counters can be daisy chained to cover wide entrances. The detector is designed for use in indoor environments, free from rapid changes in temperature or humidity. Outdoor and high mount units are also available.